5 healthy snacks to complement your herbal infusion
In a previous blog, we explored five cold brew recipes to not only keep you replenished for the Summer but also boost your energy. So on this week’s blog, we decided to bring you something that will help you to elevate your tea experience even further. That is why in today’s blog we’re bringing you 5 healthy snacks that will perfectly complement your cup of herbal infusion! These will be perfect as on-the-go snacks, post or pre-workout snacks, guilt-free munchies, or to satisfy your mid-day sweet cravings.
Wherever you are, these snacks are there to make your healthy lifestyle with herbal infusions more interesting. We also didn’t forget your artistic social feed. These snacks not only taste delicious, but they are quite photogenic and might even steal the limelight from you. So let’s get cooking!
Apple slices with peanut butter
We’re starting off with a classic on-the-go snack. This is perfect for when you are running late but you also need a healthy bite. It’s easy to prep and will be ready in minutes! You just need to slice the apples, spread peanut butter on them and you are good to go! For an improved taste, you can garnish the apple slices with nuts or raisins of your choice.
Perfect Tipson pairing – Avocado Ginger & Cinnamon
If store-bought protein bars don’t please your taste buds, it’s time you try to DIY them! It really isn’t complicated at all. If you make it the night before, the bars will be perfectly set. So you just grab them and conquer your day!
You will need:
02 tablespoons of chia seeds
04 tablespoons of flax seeds
120 g of roasted almonds
20 g of sunflower seeds
02 tablespoons of goji berries
40 g of desiccated coconut
30 g unflavoured or vanilla vegan protein powder (optional)
110 g of tahini
06 de-seeded Medjool dates
50 g of melted dark chocolate
Pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl place the dates and pour in hot water till it covers the fruit. Keep it aside for 15 minutes so it soaks well.
- Meanwhile to a food processor (or grinder if you don’t have one) place the chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, goji berries, desiccated coconut, protein powder (if you are using), sea salt and grind it down to a fine powder.
- Next, add tahini and the dates and process for around 2 – 3 minutes. The mixture should be a bit sticky and that is totally fine.
- Line a tray with baking paper and transfer the mixture into the tray. Now using damp hands press the mixture to the tray to even it out.
- Refrigerate your protein bars for around 60 minutes or until firm. Next cut the hardened mixture to 10 protein bars.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and place it back in the refrigerator so the chocolate hardens.
Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator and keep them up for a week. Enjoy!
Perfect Tipson pairing – Matcha Honey & Lemon
Blueberry oatmeal muffins
We all enjoy eating sweets, and at some point, we go so far as to break the limits of defying our diets. That won’t be the case anymore with these muffins. They contain the goodness of rolled oats (the perfect type for a crunchy yet nutritious bite ) and honey, a natural sweetener to replace sugar.
You will need:
01 cup + 01 tablespoon of all-purpose flour (separated)
01 cup of rolled oats
02 teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
02 lightly beaten large eggs
01 cup of plain Greek yogurt
⅓ cup of honey
¼ cup of milk
02 teaspoons of vanilla extract
01 cup of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Grease a muffin tray and line them with baking liners.
- In a large bowl combine a cup of flour, oats, baking powder, salt and whisk to combine.
- To a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, honey, milk, and vanilla until everything is well incorporated.
- Slowly add in the wet ingredients to the dry.
- To the remaining flour, add in the blueberries and toss them so it combines well. Then fold them into the batter.
- Equally divide the batter to muffin trays filling them to the top, leaving a small gap to rise.
- Bake the muffins for around 20 minutes until the tops look golden-brown. Use the classic method of using a toothpick, if it comes out clean, they’re good to go. Enjoy!
Perfect Tipson pairing – Turmeric & Chamomile
Sweet potato fries
Everyone loves chips and the endless selection of seasonings and dips that are there to accompany our chips only make them so much better! But store-bought chips might not always be the healthiest choice because of the artificial flavors they contain and the way they are fried. But that won’t have to stop you from enjoying your favorite snack anymore! This recipe uses sweet potatoes with homemade seasoning and what’s even better is that they are baked. Totally guilt-free!
You will need:
02 medium-sized sweet potatoes
01 tablespoon of vegetable oil
01 tablespoon of cornstarch
01 tablespoon of chili powder
02 teaspoons of smoked paprika
01 teaspoon of garlic powder
01 teaspoon of mustard powder
02 teaspoons of kosher salt
½ teaspoon of ground pepper
02 finely sliced green onions
⅔ cups of sour cream
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F or 180°C. Next, place a wire rack on a baking tray. You can also simply use a tray with baking paper.
- Then cut the sweet potatoes into thin slices and toss them with the vegetable oil.
- In another large bowl mix the spices (chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, mustard powder, ground pepper, salt) and cornstarch. Add in the sweet potato slices and toss to combine.
- Place the seasoned potato slices on the wire rack and bake them for 20 – 30 minutes or until they look crisp and dry.
While the potato chips are set to cool down, incorporate the sour cream and green onions together for an easy chip dip. Enjoy!
Perfect Tipson pairing – Moringa & Green Tea
Mashed avocado on top of toasted bread is the best feeling of all! Just like peanut butter apple slices, avocado toast is so easy to make and yet tastes amazing! For Vegetarians and Vegans, this snack is always an option. The crunchiness of the toasted bread perfectly complements the creamy avocado. Simply heavenly.
You will need:
½ small avocado
½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon of kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon of ground black pepper
01 slice of whole-grain bread (toasted)
½ teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil
Start by gently mashing the avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper using the back of a fork.
Spread the mixture across the slice of toasted bread and you’re done!
Additionally, you can top off your snack with chilli flakes for an extra kick of spice. Enjoy!
That brings us to the end of this guide where we wanted to bring you five healthy snack recipes. We wanted to make sure that these bites are easy to make so it’s less of a hassle. To live healthily is actually more of a breeze rather than an unnecessary constraint. With Tipson herbal infusions your journey towards a healthy lifestyle is easier than you thought it would be.
Perfect Tipson pairing – Ashwagandha Lemon & Ginger